School. Summer is offically over. We are all pretty depressed around 153 Deep Run Dr. Tomorrow is the first day for me and Jeremy. I hope I can keep my schedule to 4 days a week, but that is still up in the air. I may just have to start a waiting list.
Jeremy has been working non-stop, even on his optional workday Friday. He took the day off on Friday just so he could sit at home and do his paperwork. I really don't think people understand what teachers go through at the start of school or on a daily basis. The beginning of school always starts with tons of anxiety and WORK. Poor Jeremy has been working all weekend on lesson plans and information required by the administrators at his school- all while battling another kidney stone. He has to plan the whole semester, what topic on which day. All that for 3 different courses. We didn't go to church today because of his kidney stone acting up, and yet he still sits at his desk plugging along at all this work. He was doing the same thing at 11:00 pm last night and the night before. It's just too much. I think his laptop is glued to his lap sometimes. But boy do teachers get paid the big bucks, with tons of vacation! I mean what is Jeremy doing. All his has to do is just stand in front of 25 students for 3 classess and teach. That's nothing.
It truly is a shame that the general population and sometimes even our own family members just don't understand. But I guarantee that those same people what their children to have teachers who sit up until 11:00 pm working to be the best teacher he can be, rather than the alternative-not caring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment