We spent the weekend in South Carolina with Jeremy's family. It was a very nice visit. Noah has turned into quite the fisherman. On Friday morning he caught 9 fish and Saturday afternoon- 19! His Pa was a big help with the fishing, but I was so proud of how much Noah did on his own. He even helped put the fish in the bucket once Pa got them off the hook. We of course threw all the fish back in the pond, they were just too little to keep.


Noah slept a couple hours on the trip back to Pamlico. We have the drive shortened to about 6 1/2 hours with a couple of stops along the way. It isn't too bad, but of course we wish that the drive was shorter. I'm sure Pa and Nanny do too.
We are all hesitately anticipating the new school year. Jeremy has a new classroom and technology in his room. He is thrilled about all the new stuff, but always anxious about the new students. He is starting his 11th year in teaching. I just can't believe it. His graduate classes start next week. He has class 2 nights a week. He and I will be glad when this graduate degree is behind us. I'm nervous about the new year as well. I have signed a bigger contract with Pamlico County Schools, which means many more students on my caseload. I pray that I haven't gotten too far over my head. I'm just nervous that I won't get enough "Noah-time" like I have over the past 3 years. I'm just going to have to really try to balance all my responsibilities. Noah has one more year of preschool, so I need to take advantage of every minute.
No comments:
Post a Comment